Sunday 13 August 2017

My Canal Gay Parade Experience in Amsterdam

What is your stand about the homosexuals in our community?  Are you open with it or are you against it?  Since I grew up in a Catholic country, homosexuals such as gays, lesbians, transgender and bisexual are not accepted until now.  They were looked down and discriminated by our fellow countrymen. But in the Netherlands, Amsterdam is among the first cities with an extensive and open gay scene.  It is famous for its tolerant and open atmosphere.  


I had the opportunity to witness with my own eyes the biggest event of the homosexuals in the Netherlands. The Gay Pride is celebrated every last week of July and the first week of August since 1996.  The said parade was joined by 80 boats of different gay and lesbian organizations including the locals of Amsterdam.

 Here are some of the highlights of the Canal Parade in Amsterdam.

Pink is the color of the day :)


It was a heart warming event for me because I can feel that they are calling for equality so they can live as normal people like every one else. #equality #youareyou


 To watch the whole video of my experience, click here.

No comments: